Wednesday, March 26, 2008

¿Mis diseños en español?

You wouldn’t know it from looking at me but I can speak Spanish. I started studying it after I graduated from college and began teaching. Since most of my students spoke Spanish, I thought it would come in handy.

I must confess I am self-conscious about my fluency and constantly worry about making mistakes but I can manage. I keep telling myself ‘Hey, I’ve been studying English for 40 years now and I still make mistakes in it too!’

Anyway, I am going to start offering my files at Paperthreads in Spanish as well as English. I am sure it will be received slowly at first but I believe there is potential in doing this.

I must throw in a disclaimer here. Like any language, things usually do not translate directly and then, when you’re using an idiom, there might not be anything even close. So, I promise I will do my best to remain true to the essence of the meaning and the correct way of phrasing everything. Please remember that the way I phrase something may not be exactly the way another person may say it though.

Also, while I am talking about files, please know I am open to requests and if I use your request, I’ll send the completed file to you for free.


Sí, yo puedo hablar español. Lo he estudiado desde terminé la universidad y empecé enseñar. A causa de mucho de mis estudiantes hablaban español, pensaba que será útil. Tengo que decirles que me siento nerviosa de mis habilidades. Todo el tiempo estoy pensando sí estoy haciendo errores pero yo estoy tratando de mejorar. Yo me digo que he estudiado ingles por 40 años y todavía hago errores en lo también.

Pues, voy a vender mis diseños de vectores en la tienda Paperthreads en español y ingles. Estoy segura que el éxito de esto empezará lentamente pero pienso que hay oportunidades en hacerlo. Entonces, sí le gusta hacer un álbum de recortes y hacerlo en el idioma de su alma, de su corazón, favor de darme la oportunidad de trabajar con usted. Recuerde que es necesario a tener una maquina de cortar como un Wishblade, Craftrobo, Klic-N-Kut, o Pazzles para cortar los diseños de vectores. Puede encontrar las maquinas aquí.

También, sí quiere algo que todavía no hay en la tienda, Paperthreads, favor de decirme. Sí lo hago, voy a dárselo, el archivo del diseño, a usted gratis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to be on the cutting edge. (no pun intended but it is kinda funny)

I would think that this is going to fill a void - at least I cant recall seeing any files in Spanish. lol (not saying much there) :) Wishing you the best of luck reaching out to new customers (and the repeat crowd).