Tuesday, January 6, 2015

And You?

Did you know that today is a national holiday?  Did you know it is National Bean Day? 

Have you eaten beans today?  If so, great job celebrating a holiday we--well, at least most of us--did not know existed.

Speaking of eating beans, did you have black-eyed peas and cabbage or greens on New Year's Day?

I learned at the ripe old age of 30 that you HAVE to eat black-eyed peas and cabbage on New Year's Day or you will have a very bad year ahead.  Seriously.  My in-laws insist on this annual tradition. Apparently, it's a Southern thing. 

Hmm.  29 years of my life must have been really bad then, because I had never heard that before then.  Eek!  Leave it to the northern girl to be left in the cold.  LOL!

I must confess; there have been very few New Year's Day meals in which I have had black-eyed peas and cabbage.  I guess I'm not too superstitious.

What about you?  Are there traditions you just HAVE to fulfill?  I'd love to hear about them.

Until next time, may your creative time be filled with fun.

No comments: