Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Actually, It Is Rocket Science!

Congratulations go to Sue (aka Barracudasue) and:

Sue guessed the closest with "something to do with the space program" and Kathy won the random drawing.  Yay!

And, yes, our son wants to be a Rocket Scientist.  LOL!

He certainly has come up with some very interesting career aspirations.

When he was in Kindergarten, we had to send in a plain white t-shirt but we didn't know why.  We were then invited for a classroom party.  Each kid had used a simple computer graphic program to draw a picture of themselves and what they wanted to be when they grew up.  These were then ironed onto the t-shirts.

I walked into the class and saw lots of future veterinarians, teachers, farmers, ballet dancers and moms.  Bryce's shirt said "Cruise Ship Captain."  I'm not kidding!

We have never been on a cruise and I couldn't figure out how that idea popped into his head.  On the way home from school that day, I asked him why he wanted to be a Cruise Ship Captain.  His answer was simple and well-planned at the same time:  "Because we don't take enough vacations and I want to travel."  I still have that t-shirt.

Now, if Sue and Kathy could e-mail me at ijr41ug @ yahoo.com (please take out the spaces) with your choice of free file and the format you would like, I'll get your prizes out to you as soon as I can.


Until next time, Happy Creative Time!

5 comments:

Kelly S said...

Congrats to Sue and Kathy! Your son has great aspirations, Ileana. I am sure you are one proud mama. That is really funny about wanting to be a Cruise Ship Director. :)

Sue aka barracudasue said...

WOOHOOOO! I won one of Ileana's lovely files! This is SO cool! I know exactly which one I want!

Congrats to Kathy, too! This was FUN to guess what Bryce wants to be.

I think the Cruise Ship Captain was a great idea for a kinder-gardener! It just shows you what kind of mind they have at that age! LOVE IT!

Thanks again, Ileana! WOOOHOOOO!

Ginger (Games) said...

Congrats ladies!

Hope you show that tshirt at his graduation party.

Elizabeth said...

Congrats to Sue and Kathy :)
Funny that he wants to be a rocket scientist. Could it have anything to do with what his dad does?? hahaha

Vicki said...

Cruise ship captain!! I love it! Of course rocket scientist is nice too... LOL!