Monday, May 9, 2011

Oh, Wow!

Wow!  I have lots to discuss today and don't really know where to begin.

Thank you so very much for all your lovely Mother's Day wishes and especially for sharing your "mom memories" with me.  I really enjoyed reading all your stories.  On that note, the winner of the random drawing is:

Congratulations, Andi!  Please e-mail me at ijr41ug @ yahoo.com (please take out the spaces) with your choice of free file and what format your cutter uses and I'll send your prize out to you as soon as I can. 

As for our good news, well, I guess I can sum it all up by saying that God has certainly loaned us some pretty good kids.  Seriously.  I am astounded at how blessed we really are.  More specifically, our son has done very well on the first part of what he needs to do to get into the gifted program in school for next year.  I am so very grateful that he has the opportunity to graduate high school with two years of college already completed and paid for completely too.

On top of that, I did have a delightful Mother's Day.  I got sweet cards from my family.  We ran to Lowe's and Sam's Club, watched a dvd together, and then went to church.  There, the youth group gave me a flower.  On the way home, our daughter asked me what she should do with it since I gave it to her to carry.  I told her to take it across the street to give it to our neighbor who is not only a brand-new grandma but she didn't get to see her kids this week-end since they all live out of state.

It doesn't get much better than that!

Happy Creative Time!

2 comments:

Sue aka barracudasue said...

You are SO sweet to give your flower to your neighbor! How exceptionally thoughtful of you! :)

Congrats to Andi for winning one of your fabulous files!

Also, congrats to your son for all his accomplishments! You ARE blessed! :)

bzyPTmom said...

Congrats to your son. Our daughter did that--had college credits under her belt, and because she had a scholarship ended up studying abroad for a semester, got a german minor along with her science major/minor. She's now in grad school, looks really young and her classmates all think she's a child "prodigy". She just got engaged (she is 23) and now they don't know what to think!

But tell your son to take time to have some fun too--participate in extras like sports or music--it's a great way to meet friends and learn other things besides academics.