Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jumping in the Fire

On behalf of Vicki and I, thank you so much for your lovely comments!  They are very much appreciated.

Today has been a whirlwind in our home.  It started off with the marathon of getting the kids to school on time without forgetting anything and then Miffy and I jumped right in the fire--so to speak.  It was actually a laser and Miffy didn't like it very much.

Yep, today our beloved baby dog had minor surgery.  She had a wart on her side that got infected.  (I didn't even know warts could get infected but canine warts are different than human warts.  I know:  EEEEeeew!)  Anyway, the wart had to be burned off with a laser.

Now, our dog is scared to even walk into the vet's office.  So I knew it would be ruff --ahem, rough--for her to have any kind of surgery.  Fortunately, our vet is very kind and let me stay with her the whole time.  He even did it under local anesthetic so the recovery would be quicker.  Yay!

Miffy tolerated the procedure really well and couldn't wait to jump off the table.  She has three or four stitches in her side that we need to watch and she can't go swimming for 10 days.  Other than that, she's absolutely fine and acting as if nothing ever happened.

After the vet, we came home and I have got busy on getting everything ready for Customer Appreciation Days.  Hmm.  Games, prizes and new files.  Now that sounds exciting!  I wish I could share more about it here but, well, it's not all ready yet.  So, I'm going back to work.  Check back tomorrow.  I just might have a sneak peek or two for you.

Until next time, Happy Creative Time!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Send her up here, there isn't any danger of going swimming for more than 10 WEEKS! Really, though, glad to hear she got the infection taken care of without a lot of anxiety.

=D

Ginger (Games) said...

Tease! LOL! Glad the dog is OK.

Anna said...

So glad your puppy is doing ok and very excited for all the fun this weekend. WooHoo!!!