Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's Done!

It's done. Yay! I've finished my daughter's dress. It's such a good feeling that it's all done.

It's also a very good thing I decided to make a practice dress before cutting into the expensive fabric for my daughter's First Communion dress. I certainly learned a lot in the process of making this dress. I've made a lot of dresses in the past but it's been a while. To top that off, there were things in this pattern that I've never done in the way they said it should be done.

I know there are adjustments I need to make on the next dress but I don't think this one is too bad. Besides, it leaves Ilaria some growing room. See:



The important thing is that Ilaria likes the dress. I know this is true because she wants to wear it to play in. That's NOT happening any time soon. LOL!

Until next time, Happy Creative Time!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Beautiful dress and daughter :)

Caroline said...

Your daughter's dress look almost as beautiful as she does! congrats!

Elizabeth said...

very nice, the dress looks great on your beautiful daughter. I am very proud of your mad skills with a sewing machine.

Sue aka barracudasue said...

Gorgeous daughter in a gorgeous dress! You did a great job with both of them! She's a cutie!!!!!!

Lisa Avolio said...

How wonderful! It looks professional. I am so happy for both of you.

Anonymous said...

That turned out so well! I am glad you and your daughter are pleased with it as well. Congrats

Carol's Crafts said...

Oh Ileana, the dress is beautiful, and your daughter is beautiful too.