Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who Borrowed my Tuesday?

Seriously. Who borrowed my Tuesday and, more importantly, where did they leave it when they were done with it? LOL! I remember it being Tuesday and even some of the things I did but how I forgot to blog, I don't even have a clue.

To make matters worse, with today being Veteran's Day, Bryan had the day off work and that threw my system off completely. I spent most of the day thinking it was Saturday. LOL! I just wish I could sleep in tomorrow. Five AM comes way too early!

Speaking of Veteran's day, did you get a chance to thank a vet for their service? Today, we took the kids and one of Bryce's friends to the zoo. To honor vets, the zoo was giving free admission to veterans. I spoke with an Army serviceman who has been in for 42 years. 42 years! It was very nice to speak to him right in front of the bald eagles, our gorgeous national bird.

It was also very enlightening to me. You see, I always suspected my husband would never retire from the Air Force. He has always talked about when he would retire and yet I always had this gut feeling that his timeline wasn't exactly accurate. LOL! Today proved that. My husband actually admitted he will retire only when they make him and that's not going to happen any time soon. I can definitely see him going longer than 42 years.

If you didn't get the chance today, to thank a veteran, please act upon the next chance you get. Trust me. Your simple words of thanks will go a very long way to making their day and it only takes a second. Who knows, you just might inspire them to serve a little longer!

Until next time, Happy Creative Time!

1 comment:

CutItOut said...

Ileana, I haven't seen your Tuesday, but if you find it, let me know. Maybe it's hanging out with my some of my days.

Thanks to your husband for his service, and to you for your sacrifices as a military wife.