Monday, August 31, 2009

Daystar

I hope you had a wonderful week-end. I know we did.

On Saturday, we took our den of Webelos to Daystar Faith Center. It's a food pantry for the homeless. We served lunches and ice cream and passed out bags of food to some very wonderful, appreciative people and can't wait to go back and do it again.

It was an awesome opportunity for all of us and I know it really opened the eyes of some of the kids. This was especially so when my husband had to convince one of the young clients--about the same age as our Boy Scouts--to take a lunch. The kid kept saying, "No, thank you. I'm okay. I had food last night."

We're already making plans to return soon and to make arrangements for other dens to sign up to help as well.

If you are interested in helping, here is the link to Daystar's website (it's a work in progress.) If you'd like to help locally, I'm sure you can find a similar center near you. Please keep in mind some of the harder to get items they may need such as feminine sanitary supplies, insect repellant, laundry detergent and especially the travel sized soaps and shampoos that you pick up at hotels.

As always, happy scrapping!

No comments: