Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Keeping Promises

Last night I promised you two things--stories, really.

The first involved why I was negotiating with my pastor. Honestly, I'm a bit uncomfortable sharing that story but here goes. There is a seminarian here who is from Vietnam. He served 3 years in a Vietnamese prison for his faith. Now, he is in his second year of seminary as he prepares for his ordination. He needs help with his pronunciation and a bit of usage. My pastor wants to pay me to help him and asked me to set the price.

Wah! 1. I had no idea what to charge. 2. I would have done it for free. 3. The seminarian used to teach English for a living. He's one smart cookie and they want me to help him. 4. How can you set the price on someone else's future? His future success depends on me. What if I don't help him much? EEK! Now, add to that that I told him a total amount based on the number of hours I thought I would be doing it--like 4 hours a day for 3 days--and it turns out it's a grand total of 3 hours a week so now I feel like I'm overcharging them big time. (Now, can you understand my discomfort?)

The second story involved one of my most embarrassing moments. Before I go into that story, I think it's time for a little contest. The first person to e-mail me at ijr41ug @ yahoo.com (take out the spaces) with the answer to my question will get a free file of their choosing. Are you ready? Here's the question: Just what is "Romper Room?"

Thanks for playing, but I have my answer on what is "Romper Room." It was a television show for small children kind of like "Sesame Street." Hmm. Now, just how could that be embarrassing? You'll have to come back tomorrow to find out. LOL!

Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

ok so who won and I want to know more for sure :)