Saturday, November 29, 2008

Still Trying

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and had lots of fun shopping!

The link for "You've Been Elf'd" is no longer active. If you are in the KNK Swap and didn't get it, just send me a pm through the forum or e-mail me at ijr41ug @ yahoo.com (no spaces) and I'll send it out to you.

As for our housing woes, we're still fighting it. That is really hard to do when everything is closed for the long week-end. In spite of being promised they wouldn't follow through with it, we were served with our notice on Wednesday. We're scheduled to be evicted at 6:00 AM on Tuesday morning. The lawyers for the bank faxed the Sherriff and asked them not to evict us but we do not have confirmation that they received the fax nor that they will honor their request. I will breathe a lot easier when we can actually get ahold of the folks as the Sheriff's Dept.

I still don't get it. How can someone's mistake escalate this far, this quickly especially since real estate records are public information? Obviously, somebody did not do their research.

We're hanging in there though. We're trying to enjoy ourselves especially since my brother is in town with us. We've got to have faith that everything will work out somehow.

1 comment:

AnnW said...

Ilena, I cannot believe the nightmare you are experiencing! You and your family are in my prayers for a quick resolution to this horrible situation.
May God grant you His peace,
Ann