Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School, Names & Zoo Pics




Today was our second attempt at a first day of school and it actually went off without a hitch. The kids couldn't stop talking about their day. It's funny. Last year I told them they had to learn something every day or I was going to take them back to school and leave them there until they learned something. That's why we send them there in the first place. Isn't it? This year, I told them they had to not only learn something but they had to tell me the name of one new friend too.

My kids are like me. We are not very good at remembering people's names. They can spend an entire day playing with someone and never learn their new friend's name. Heck, Bryce met his teacher on Sunday at the open house. He spent the entire day under her care today. He does not know her name yet. LOL! I'm going to have to come up with a strategy to help all three of us!

Here's some pictures of our "Last Summer Hooray at the Zoo." We went there on Monday to celebrate the kids' last day of summer. At the Lowry Park Zoo, they let you feed the Lorakeets. This is one of my son's favorite things to do here. Here's a shot of my husband and his new friends, Larry, Moe and Shem.

And this is a baby on my son's head. We don't know what he's looking for. Maybe he thinks my son needs a new, more hip hair style since he kept "combing" it with his beak.

Bryce had to ask if he "did his duty" on his head when he saw this picture. LOL.


And this is a butterfly that just happened to fly by us as we were leaving. Isn't she pretty?I had to wonder what would become of her during Fay. Now, I have to pray for all those poor people who are swimming in 20 inches of rain left behind in her fickle path. I hope you will too.

1 comment:

Lori McDonald said...

Now how do you know that the butterfly was a she??

LOL

Lori (aka Beloved Keepsakes)