Saturday, June 14, 2008

Closings

We are home-owners! We closed on our new house yesterday. The process was actually not as painful nor as long as I thought it would be. It only took an hour and there were no absolutely no snafus whatsoever. Our kids didn’t even cause a fuss.


We’ve had some very memorable closings. The last time we bought a house, the sellers refused to sign the papers and up and walked out with the keys. There’s nothing like temperamental people to throw a huge monkey wrench in the works.


The time before that, my son was 3. The woman from the title company, Mindy, engaged him in conversation and then made the big mistake of giving him paper to draw on and a yellow highlighter too. He promptly said, “I’m going to draw a picture of you. Your ________ first.” I wasn’t sure I heard him correctly—or that he even knew the word--and when Mindy left the room, I asked my husband who promptly confirmed it by showing me the picture. Here, see for yourself:


And, just like a true scrapbooker, I preserved it forevermore in his memory book.

1 comment:

debenj said...

LOL... that is so cute and certainly would make for good black mail material when he gets older! LOL Love it!

CONGRATULATIONS on your house closing too!