Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Driving. It’s not one of my favorite activities. I always let my husband do the driving if he is around but since we have two vehicles we have to get to Florida, we’re both driving. Well, he’s driving; I’m following. See, here’s what I’ve been watching for two days now .







I think it’s ironic that we’ve had that license plate for 5 years and I just now discovered that our MI plate says FL on it. I asked my husband if he noticed it and he laughed at me. He said that plate had been telling him we should move to Florida for the past 5 years.



We’ve got the gadgets that make a long road trip a whole lot easier. He’s got the trip navigator and the radar detector. I’ve got the kids and the dvd player and game boys—both with headphones, thankfully. We’ve also both got a cell phone and a hand-held radio so we can talk to each other. I can’t complain. We have arrived at all of our stops safely.



We visited more relatives today, three of my husband’s brothers to be exact. We had a nice time. They are very wonderful people whom I’m proud to claim as family. Even my shy daughter, who doesn’t talk to adults, likes them.



They live near Louisville, Kentucky. It’s a full 20 degrees warmer there than at my parents’ home. And the battle has already begun with my kids. It was only 50 degrees F but my kids thought it was warm enough to go without jackets. By the time we get to Tampa, I know what’ll be in store for me. So, if you’re in Florida and see a frazzled woman chasing two naked kids, don’t just laugh . . . wave, because that’ll be me.



By the way, I noticed the Easter Bunny left a few surprises in the store. You should really go check it out.

No comments: