Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Layout

Every so often, I challenge myself to use up my stash. I still have products that I purchased before I discovered my fantastic cutter.  I am betting you do too.  Be honest!  LOL!

So, here is a layout made completely of products that I had on hand--with no cutter files involved at all. 






The letters were punch-outs that I distressed to hide the perforations and then stamped the flowers on to match the white flowers on the large purple flower. 


The big purple flower used to be may daughter's hair barrettes.  I used a button shank cutter to remove the backs so they would sit flat. The small purple brads used to be blue but I used purple nail polish to make them match.  Although it doesn't show up very well in the pictures, I also stamped the green card stock with a floral stamp and Versamark ink.

Now, I must confess, this experience reminded me why I purchased my cutter in the first place.  Distressing those letters and then gluing them all together took a long time.  I think I'll be giving my stash of punch outs to the kiddos for their school projects.  LOL!

So, how have you challenged yourself lately?

May your creative time be filled with fun!

No comments: