Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Another Tip

Do you remember this glass card front?

This card is available here.

I made a card using it and I have a quick tip to share today because of it.

Many of you know we are very involved in Kay's Ministry where we feed the homeless every Sunday in downtown Tampa.  It is very rewarding and a lot of fun too.  I even do the newsletters and web work for the ministry's website here.

Well, Kay's Ministry ran into a bit of trouble about a month ago.  The owners of three of our sites--parking lots, really--changed hands and the new owners did NOT want any homeless people on their property and forbid us from using their lots to feed the poor.  In need of new locations, I posted to an online prayer group asking for prayers for the ministry.  That led to a generous donation to Kay's Ministry and my need for a quick thank you card.

I cut all the pieces for the card and everything was going wonderfully.  Then I hit a speed bump with the text block.  None of my rubber stamps were exactly what I wanted for the card and I didn't have a purple calligraphy pen.  So, the computer came to the rescue once more.

I took the cut line from the text block and copied and pasted it into Photoshop.  Used the color picker to get a nice deep purple, picked a pretty font and typed the words inside the cut line.  Then, I printed it out on some old photo paper and cut it out using my paper trimmer.  Voila!  Problem solved.


I did play around with copying and pasting the cut line into different programs so, yes, if you do not have Photoshop, this tip will also work for some of the other software out there.

Until next time, may your creative time be filled with bliss.

No comments: