Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Size 14???

Sorry, I was awol yesterday.  We were playing at the beach, and then had an appointment, and music lessons and, well, time got away from me.  And today, I've been paying the piper--laundry, laundry, and more laundry.  Will somebody come rescue me already?  Please?

So, for today's post, I'm going to share a small miracle from this past week-end.

Most of you already know that my family and I go out to the streets of downtown Tampa to feed the homeless every Sunday with Kay's Ministry

Those of us who are regulars there, have different jobs to do that involve sorting, stocking and bringing out supplies each week.  We do the toiletries.  One guy does the clothes and another guy does the shoes.  Another does the drinks and our leader, Charlie, does the food, Bibles and a little bit of everything else.

Well, with it being Father's Day, our clothes guy and our shoes guy did not come out this past week-end.

At our last stop, I noticed a guy who had used duct tape to hold his shoes together and even that was no longer working.  I asked Charlie if he happened to have any shoes for him.  Charlie told me that, on a whim, he had grabbed the one pair that was donated last week, but they were a really odd size so he had me ask the guy what size shoes he wore.

Would you believe they were a perfect fit?


God is certainly amazing.  Don't you agree?

Until next time, may you enjoy some creative bliss.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

He certainly does! How wonderful :)