Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Our Troops on Christmas

Congratulations to Margie for winning yesterday's trivia contest and to

for winning the random drawing.  If the two of you beautiful ladies could e-mail me at ijr41ug @ yahoo.com or iscrapdesigns @ gmail.com (please, take out the spaces) with your choice of a free file, I'll send it out to you asap.

As for the differences between Santa Claus and St. Nicholas, here is a very good article on the subject.  In short, St. Nicholas was a real person who did a lot of good things.  Santa Claus is a fictional character who is based on St. Nicholas.

St. Nicholas has a special place in my heart because he provided the dowry for young women who would have otherwise been sold into slavery.

Personally, I cannot fathom being denied the love of my husband and all the other blessings I've been granted simply because my family might not have been able to provide a dowry for me.  I am ever so grateful for my husband and cannot imagine life without him.

Now, for another topic that is dear to my heart, here's today's trivia question:

What river did General Washington and his troops cross on December 25, 1776?

Yes, from the very beginnings of our nation, our troops have stood watch over us even on Christmas.  I am ever so grateful for them too.

If you would like to help our troops or their families, here is one charity that does just that.  And if you'd like to verify the authenticity of a charity, you can do so here.

Make sure you visit my friends Chris of Visual Designs By Chris and Jan of Sam & Hailey Designs.  I'm sure they have more fun and creativity for you.

Until tomorrow, Happy Creative Time!

7 comments:

Kelly S said...

The Delaware River.

hrk_md said...

It was the Delaware

Kathy Serrahn said...

He crossed the Delaware River

Margie said...

Yay! Thanks, emailing you now!

Yelowflower said...

The Delaware River

Pam S said...

The Delaware

Anna said...

I'm also saying the Delaware. Thank God for our troops.