Monday, August 22, 2011

Last Day of Summer

Today was one of those days that I got so very much accomplished, yet I have nothing to show for it.  LOL!  Some days are like that.

Today was our last day of summer.  I know the calendar says that's not so, but the school district has more authority than the calendar.  The kiddos go back to school in the morning. 

And that brings us to the latest issue of contention in our house.  Our oldest is starting middle school and they are on a different time schedule than the elementary and high schools.  The district did this to save money on buses.  They can use fewer buses yet make more runs if they stagger the start and end times of the day.

The issue is that Bryce thinks he should get to sleep in that extra hour rather than practicing his guitar or doing homework in that time.  He doesn't want to stay up later.  He just wants an hour more of sleep.  I don't think he's calculating that his school day is going to end an hour later and then comes homework and all his other activities.

Yet, we just have to love his plan.  Who wouldn't take an hour's extra sleep?!!! 

So, what would you do with an extra hour in your day?

Until next time, Happy Creative Time!

4 comments:

Barracudasue said...

I'd probably be at my KNK with an extra hour! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ha! I suspect that I would spend the extra hour thinking about what I was going to do with it, lol!! 60 minutes flies by so very quickly.... now an extra 24 hours,hmmm that might just be enough to make a difference!Just wait until your son is about to turn 33 (which is what my YOUNGEST will do very soon now) and see how you feel then, Ileana!!

Andrea

TonyaKaye said...

Play..Play ...(or maybe try to get and extra hour of sleep--not likely but it sounds heavenly!).

Anna said...

Catch up on emails LOL Or just rest...Can you tell I'm babysitting and I'm just worn out LOL
Hope this school year is wonderful for all the students.