Monday, July 18, 2011

Love Bugs

Congratulations to Cyndi (Dreams Unltd) for being the first person to guess correctly what my mystery guests were and to

for winning the random drawing.  If the two of you lovely ladies could e-mail me at ijr41ug @ yahoo.com (please take out the spaces) with your choice of free file and the format your cutter uses, I'll get your prize out to you as soon as I can.

Yes, those creepy crawlies are Love Bugs and I don't know very many people here who like them.  They don't bite but they are very prolific.  They are a particular nuisance when it comes to trying to keep your vehicle clean.  They don't bite but they are EVERYWHERE so a simple drive to the store can plaster your vehicle with squashed bug bits.

What I don't really understand about them is how they can fly.  You see, when they start to mate, they stay stuck together like that.  In the three years we have lived here, I have only seen one Love Bug that was not stuck to another one.  (I said they are prolific!) Furthermore, when they fly, one of them always has to fly backwards.  That seems like it would be hard--at least like trying to win a sack race.  LOL!

Until next time, Happy Creative Time!

1 comment:

Barracudasue said...

I've never seen a love bug so this is foreign to me. LOL

Those are some interesting facts about those creatures! And they are ugly, too! I guess they only appeal to each other! ROFLOL