Monday, August 16, 2010

Cyndi Who?

I cannot thank you enough for all your sweet comments. The really do make my day in such a huge way!

We did have a lovely week-end. We spent a chunk of it doing some last minute back to school shopping for the kiddos and, let me tell you, that was enlightening!

You see, I graduated from high school in 1985. Yep, the funky boots, the big hair, all of that was a part of my life that I actually enjoyed at the time but was very happy to leave in the past.

Now, it has come back to haunt me! I'm not kidding. Everything my daughter wanted was straight out of the 1980's. No more pretty little dresses with simple, classic styling. Nope. My daughter wants to dress like Cyndi Lauper! Wah!

I may not be able to stop it completely, but I will not go down without a fight. At least I can insist on modesty and sensible designs on the clothes, right? I do still have the power of the checkbook, after all.

Until next time, Happy Creative Time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah! I loved cyndi lauper and I think I resembled her in dress in middle school...so I can totally relate to your situation!
this too shall pass!
hahah

All the best-
kandrew
www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com
Giveaways, Free files, Tutorials,
Reviews, Projects, Ideas & Fun!

Elizabeth said...

Now that is way tooo funny. My daughter has been wanting to dress like a hippee, what is up with that?? lol