Thursday, July 15, 2010

Spoiled

I must confess; I have been spoiled this week. LOL!

About six weeks ago, we signed up both of our kiddos for Vacation Bible School. We had the choice of a morning session or an evening session. I was going to enroll the kids in the morning session but my hubby had other ideas. He insisted on the evening session and, honestly, I am so very glad he did. Five date nights in a row!!! Wahoozles!!!

You see, we hardly ever hire a baby sitter. That's partly because we don't know many trustworthy teenagers but mostly because we actually enjoy spending time together as a family. Why have kids if you don't want to be around them?

Anyway, it has been lovely to have some time with just my husband. We've actually had the chance to have a quiet dinner and we had fun tonight doing . . . Back to School Shopping!!! LOL! We haven't finished but we did get a good start on it. The best part about it was that I didn't have to argue with the fashionistas about what is acceptable to wear to school and what isn't. LOL!

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for the weekly free file. My husband nearly spewed his soda on my computer screen when he saw it so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Oh, and if you're looking for the Quarterly Membership, you can grab that here.

Until next time, Happy Creative Time!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about babysitters and the kids. I can count on my one hand how many times my children had been with a babysitter while I was not working. I love my kids and LOVE being around them. Glad you and hubby have time alone together, it is nice once in awhile :)
So glad to have you back from vacation.

Kelly S said...

Enjoy those date nights with hubby! I totally agree with you about spending time with family. My son is almost 7 months old and everyone thinks it is weird that we have never left him with a sitter. We go to family friendly restaurants when we want to go out. Otherwise, we are happy to spend time at home as a family.