Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Huge Shout Out for Nancy!

Last week, I mentioned I had a surprise. Well, I'm so excited I just cannot contain it a second longer.

I'd love to introduce you to Nancy. She's a lovely lady who creates beautiful things and also has a heart of gold. You can see so for yourself as here she is in her own words:

My name is Nancy and I have lived in Wisconsin my entire life, about 30 miles from Lambeau Field. I was #4 of 8 children. I have been married to Sam for 35 years; he is #4 of 5 children. He is a great guy, a great husband, and a great father. We raised 5 children, Matt and Jodie who are married and on their own, Jim and Tashja who are adults but cognitively and physically disabled and live at home with us, and our #4, Joshua, who passed away in November of 2008. We also have had numerous foster children over the years. We are also blessed with 2 precious grandchildren, Gavin who is 3 and Hailey who is 4 months. The most important thing in my life is my family. I am so fortunate that all of my siblings, nieces, nephews, and great nieces and nephews all get along and enjoy each other’s company.

My mom has always been my inspiration. My older sister, Sue, taught me to sew when I was a child. We have been crafting buddies ever since. Two years ago, we went to a Close To My Heart consultant’s home and she showed us how to make cards. I then bought a KNK and have been hooked ever since. I mainly make greeting cards but also love cutting vinyl and do some scrapbooking.

Nancy sent me some pictures of three pretty projects she made with my Ice Cream file. See:

What do you think? I think they are very pretty. I'm even more impressed by the fact that she made all three of these within 24 hours of receiving the file!

Therefore, I am so very proud to announce that I've invited Nancy to join my creative team.

Welcome, Nancy! I'm really looking forward to watching your creativity in action.
If you'd like to see more of Nancy's beautiful work, you can check out her blog right here.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulations Nancy, I love the cards you have made!

Lynn Barwald said...

Awesome Nancy and Ileana! That's great news! Great cards, Nancy!!!

Elizabeth said...

Awesome, you both deserve a huge congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Food/Kitchen Related, Recipe Card(s) Theme post on Aug. 08, 2009. Thanks again.