Monday, July 6, 2009

Some Pictures of our 4th

I hope you had an awesome 4th of July! I know we did.

Being the scrapper that I am, I took my camera to the fireworks display. I just had to play with the settings on my camera too and I got some pretty cool shots. Here, see for yourself:


I think the last one is one of the coolest. Okay, I know a professional might view it as a "mistake" but I think it's cool.

We found a really good spot for watching the fireworks this year. It was even better because someone turned on their car radio to a station that was playing patriotic music to go along with the fireworks.

I must confess, it brought me to tears. Knowing what I know. Having lived through three deployments. Having spent time with friends in the military who did not get to come home to their families. All that and more make it impossible to listen to songs like "The Star Spangled Banner" or "God Bless the USA" without being affected. This is especially true when it is part of an awesome celebration of our nation's birthday and her continuing to be the Land of the Free Because of the Brave. Yes, we are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I think the photo looks awesome. I know what you mean about patriotic music, I fell it more than hear it. It has such a deep meaning. I cannot hear taps without crying.