Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Egad! Me, A Rebel?!!!

Those in my family will laugh and shake their heads at me tonight. I'm sure the rest of you are wondering what the heck has got into me. Bear with me; it all make sense sooner or later. I promise.

Okay, here I go. I must confess I've always been a "good girl." I never got detention in school. I've never been arrested and had never even been pulled over by a police officer until after I was 40. But today. . . Today I was a rebel! An honest to goodness rule breaker if there ever was one. Lock me up now before I go and break another one!

You see, I am a scrapper. That's no secret. And scrappers just have to have pictures. The more pictures the better. What's so wrong with that?

Well, when the school's policy is that parents may take pictures of their own children--their very own children and NO ONE ELSE'S--it just can't be helped. I just HAD to have pictures of my beautiful girl in her class' Mass. She made me promise I'd come and I just couldn't leave my camera at home. I mean, this is my only daughter's only first grade Mass (they go frequently but they only lead one for the whole year). The little camera and scissor shaped blood cells coursing through my veins--you know, the scrapper's blood in me--just HAD to have pictures.

And so, I broke the rule. And I just might break another. You see, we aren't allowed to use the internet to post or share ANY pictures that have other people's kids in them. So, when I said lock me up quick before I break another rule, I meant it. But wait! There's got to be a way around the rule, right?

So, what do you think? Is that really breaking the rules? LOL! And if you're curious, no, I wasn't the only one there taking pictures.
Ilaria's part in the Mass was signing all the songs. Here she is signing "Jesus." I couldn't be more proud.
Happy Scrapping!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool. I am the granddaughter of 2 deaf mutes. They would have been so proud of her. They are no longer with us. First because she is cute and doing a great job. Please tell her, "AWESOME JOB!" Second because the world has gotten better about this. Thanks for sharing. Games