Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Too Much To Bear

It's a sad day in the Russell household. All my designing, blogging, cutting, and reading e-mails was just too much for my laptop to bear. It snapped under the pressure. Well, it was more like a zapping-crackle rather than a snap. So, it is in the computer hospital. The good news is it is still under a full warranty and will be fixed for free. The bad news is it won't be ready for at least a week and a half.

It's a really good thing that wasn't my only computer and that I sensed it was coming! I was able to make sure everything was backed-up with double copies of crucial stuff. So, I won't lose much if I have to start over from scratch. I'm grateful for my external hard drive!!!

If you don't have one, I highly suggest you get one. You can still back up all your crucial files, documents and such on it as well as to cd's or dvd's. Plus, you can set up a separate font folder on it so that you don't bog your computer down with all those yummy fonts!

So, if you haven't backed-up your files recently, how about tonight? You don't want to have a sad day that's too much to bear do you?

1 comment:

debenj said...

So sorry to hear about your computer! I'm getting ready to start cuttin again... It's been one long summer. After a hard learned lesson, I now have an external hard drive where I keep all cutting files. Hoping you get your computer back real soon :)